|1984 16 November On This Day Jimmy Page with Roy Harper - Old Grey Whistle Test|
- 1966 The Yardbirds - Cookeville, TN at Tennessee Tech University, Memorial Gymnasium
- 1968 Led Zeppelin - Manchester, England at University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (unconfirmed/maybe billed as Yardbirds)
- 1971 Led Zeppelin - Ipswich, England at St. Matthew's Baths Hall
- 1984 Jimmy Page with Roy Harper - Old Grey Whistle TestCumbria, England at Lake District National Park
- 1994 Page & Plant Unledded Tour - Sydney, Australia at Triple M Studios
- 1998 Page & Plant - Erfurt Germany at Messehalle
|1971 Led Zeppelin - Ipswich, England at St. Matthew's Baths Hall|
|1971 Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin - Ipswich, England at St. Matthew's Baths Hall|
The Old Grey Whistle Test was a TV Show that aired on BBC2 from 1971 to 1988. The name supposedly was from a Tin Pan Alley phrase from years before.
Tin Pan Alley was a group of New York City music publishers and songwriters of the late 19th century and early 20th century. The Whistle Test was the playing of the first pressing of a record to an audience of the buildings' doormen, who wore grey suits. If the song was catchy enough for it to be whistled back after hearing it a couple times, it passed the test.
I cant' say Roy Harper's music would pass the Mage Music Whistle Test, but Jimmy Page's? You betcha. Every time.
♫ Same Old Rock (Jimmy Page with Roy Harper, Old Grey Whistle Test 1984) YouTube