Tuesday, March 17, 2015

No. Just... no.

"Field Day organisers start petition to get Jimmy Page to perform with Run The Jewels"

That's the headlines on NME News today and it makes me cringe for so many reasons.

It's all about money on Field Day's part, isn't it? It's not about good music or a super group is it? It's about raking in the bucks. For Field Day.

It's not about music, I repeat. A real "super group" isn't just made of big names. It's made of super musicians who have proven themselves through superior performance over time. Run The Jewels hasn't earned their stripes. They're only two years old, babies in the world of real music. Heck, one of them isn't even really a musician, in my book.

Then there's this petition business. If all it took to get Jimmy Page to perform on stage was a petition, I say let's start one to get him to record an album of his own work and go on tour by the end of this year, as he's been teasing us with. Now that would be worth collecting signatures for.

But wait - I've got a better idea! I'm going to start a petition to get Jimmy Page to perform a concert in my living room. Why not?

Petition Jimmy Page to do something he hasn't decided to do on his own? It boggles the mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment