Monday, May 7, 2012

MAGE MUSIC

I'm curious about music - why it works, why it generates the responses it does.  I'm not educated in music theory, but I want to know more about music than just that I like it or that it seems powerful.  I want to know why.  I'm hoping you do, too.

There's lots of pages devoted to Jimmy Page as guitarist, solo, with Led Zeppelin and others.  There's discussion of the lyrics of the songs, and there's lots about Mr. Page's guitars and techniques too.  There's not so much out there about the music itself, though.

I'm curious about the music.  About why it is so magical, how someone with no classical music education could compose the way Mr. Page does, about what works, what doesn't.  About the influences - both on Mr. Page and that of his music on others.

With the help of thinking people everywhere who admire Jimmy Page and his work, this blog is dedicated to serious (and maybe not-so-serious) analysis of his awesome music.

Be advised that it is this blogmaster's opinion that Jimmy Page is truly The Rock God; nevertheless we understand that there are other musicians and music of value.  Thus, all music can be discussed with reference to Mr. Page's work as long as it is done in a respectful manner, and with insight that will allow us all to learn.

PS - we will NOT beg Jimmy Page to reunite Led Zeppelin on this blog, OK?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is awesome i thank you for all you have done over the years! Since 2012 man awesome!!! Most blogs die out in a tear or two. I been going threw your posts and reaing comments and stuff! I decided to comment on this one cuz i love how you put
    PS - we will NOT beg Jimmy Page to reunite Led Zeppelin on this blog, OK?
    I love it! And i hope you check out my blog as well my friend. You can download almost every single bootleg recording of led zeppelin here! Its a serious mission of mine! There is already over 300 I have shared in one month :) Anyway Awesome blog bro!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to also put a link here to your blog. Thanks for putting all that work into it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks very much mate! Another bootleg trader i know who has a blog also put a link to my blog on his blog. Thank you very much it means a lot! I just want to help contribute tp the Led Zeppelin bootleg community! Make these boots more available for people! And my blog is all about Zep so there's no clutter of other boots, only zep! And i just finished a new section on the right side of the blog. Its a complete list of Zeps concert dates with a boot for each show spanning their entire live career 1968 to 1980. All in yearly order as well :) And i made a lossless and video section on the left. I tried to make it as easy as possible for people and other people who may not be good with computers and all of this stuff. But thanks again for that and LONG LIVE LED ZEPPELIN

      Delete